Friday, October 10, 2008

Going on a trip... or 3! And the West Wing....

So my hubby and I are going to take a few trips this winter and I can't wait!!! First we're going back to Philly but this time we're taking a haunted city tour. It's going to be really interesting to hear actual history sprinkled with ghost stories and folklore, it should be great! Then we are headed over to Baltimore to see our friends Miranda and Bri! And if that isn't going to be fun enough we're going to see Twilight! Woot! I am a little obsessed with the books and can't wait to see it with my friends. I have a feeling it is going to be a very girly day! I can't wait! Then it's on to our big NYC trip in early Dec. It will be our first time to the Big Apple and we are going to try and squeeze in as much as we can in the 14 hours we will have there! I'm a pro at traveling in big cities by now but NYC seems a bit scary, especially at Christmas time! I'm really hoping to fit in a show while we're there but that might have to wait until next time. We really want to see the touristy sights so we will have to play it by ear. After the New Year we want to plan a few more trips, I really want to go to Boston and Atlantic City and Matt is dying to go to a Yankees game, although he might need a friend to take because I would have to kill the screaming annoying people... but that's just me. Any takers? lol. And I'm hoping, but not holding my breath, that my parents will finally make their way out to see me. I've been married 6 years and they have yet to visit. We ALWAYS go to them. So we will see how that goes...

Now to my love of The West Wing. In 1999 when the show started I was 14 so I really didn't care about the president or his staff or a TV show about them. But now Matt and I have started watching season 1 (Thank you Netflix!) and are eagerly waiting for season 2 to get here on Monday. It's really neat to watch this show and kind of tie it together with the current election. Although it is a fictitious show, and the thought of our current president having to make some of the decisions that Martin Sheen's character has to make scares the shit out of me, I have to admit that I feel like I am understanding our government a little bit more. It's exciting! I am looking forward to getting back to DC and trying to tour the Senate, which you can do if you get there early enough to get tickets! And if you know me you know I am never early.... but I'll move on. So if you haven't watched this show, pick it up, there is a reason it won every award on this planet.

No comments: